Monday, April 11, 2005



Some years ago I didn't have any strong opinions about daffodils. What's more, I pro bably did even like them, as they were strange to see at the flowershops in my city. This changed when I arrived in the UK. Spring comes and... all you see is daffodils everywhere. What's the problem, you will think. The problem is there are many varieties of daffodils. Many colours. But it seems that here, (almost) ALL daffodils are yellow! It's been a long and grey winter and it's lovely to see the many colours of spring...but what many colours, if everything around me is yellow!!??? And let me tell you..of all the colours in the rainbow, I just plainly HATE yellow! With all my guts! Some days, when winter has been specially crude, I tolerate all this yellow explosion. A very scarce number of days. And you know...today is NOT one of THOSE days!!! Today I would just rip off all the daffodils, with my bare teeth, hands and feet! Rip them all off!!! What happened to red, blue, pink, orange, violet??? There are more colours in the world apart from yellow, for heaven's sake!!!



Yo hace anios no tenia nada en contra de los narcisos. Es mas, ya que casi nunca veia narcisos en las floristerias de mi ciudad, incluso podria decir que me gustaban. Todo cambio cuando llegue al Reino Unido. Llega la primavera y...narcisos por todas partes! Nada que objetar, direis. Pues si! Porque mirad que hay narcisos de diferentes colores, eh? Pues aqui...los plantan (casi) TODOS amarillos. Despues de un largo invierno gris y deprimente, no hay nada como ver el maravilloso color de la primavera...pero ese color ...tiene que ser A LA FUERZA el amarillo? Porque vereis... Si hay un color que odio con pasion es el amarillo! Hay anios en que el gris del invierno ha sido tan crudo que tolero por un par de dias el ver el dichoso amarillo por todas partes. Hay otros dias en que...arrancaria todos los narcisos amarillos! Con los dientes, con las manos, con los pies, los arrancaria todos, todos, todos!! Odio el amarillo! Si...ese es uno de ESOS dias... Que ha pasado con los rojos, azules, naranjas, violetas, rosas? Eh? Que no todo se reduce a amarillo, carajo!


The weather today:
Fair
17C
UV Index: 2 Low
Wind: From the West at 8 mph
Dew Point:5C
Humidity: 45%
Visibility: 6 miles
Barometer:1,028.1 mb

No comments: