Monday, June 28, 2004

I remember people using the saying 'driving/speeding like Fittipaldi' when I was a child. Like in 'your cousing drives like a Fittipaldi in his new sports car'.When I asked, I was told he was a legend in Formula 1 races. For years, I thought that Fittipaldi had died long ago. After all... surely a 'legend' should be dead?. But no. I was reading the newspaper today and found an article about last weekend's Festival of Speed in Goodwood (United Kingdom). And then, to my surprise, I read that Emerson Fittipaldi had attended the festival! Wops! So he is alive then! A bit like when Bela Lugosi re-appeared in the Ed Wood's film Glen or Glenda, when everybody thought he had been dead for years. Now I understand the saying 'legends never die'...


P.S.: Although I have to point out that Bela Lugosi is dead. Truly dead and buried at the Holy Cross Cemetery in Culver City, California. For a full list of all famous Hollywood stars buried there, see here.


Conduce como un Fitipaldi. Cuantas veces habre oido esa expresion, en mi infancia? Cuando pregunte que era un fittipaldi, me respondieron que era una leyenda del Formula 1. Durante anios, pense que Fittipaldi habia muerto. Porque...una 'leyenda' no puede estar viva, no? Pues no. Hoy estaba leyendo el periodico y vi un articulo sobre el Festival de la Velocidad en Goodwood (Reino Unido)durante el pasado fin de semana. Y, para mi asombro, lei que Emerson Fittipaldi habia acudido al festival! Anda! Asi que esta vivo! Se parece al caso de Bela Lugosi , al que el publico americano dio por muerto durante anios y, de pronto, reaparecio en el film Glen o Glenda, dirigido por Ed Woods. Aja. Ahora entiendo el dicho 'las leyendas nunca mueren'...


P.S.: Pero Bela Lugosi SI esta muerto y bien enterrado. En el cementerio de Holy Cross en Culver City, California, junto con muchos otros famosos actores y actrices de Hollywood : ver lista aqui


The weather today:
Mostly Cloudy
18C
UV Index: 5 Moderate
Wind: From the West Southwest at 23 mph
Dew Point: 12C
Humidity: 66%
Visibility: Unlimited
Barometer: 1,025.7 mb

No comments: