Friday, December 10, 2004

We had our office Xmas lunch today. I should go and get a t-shirt customized with the motto "I survived the Xmas lunch 2004". After four hours my face was frozen in a permanent smile. It looked like a Miss World contest: scary. Otherwise, it was the usual stuff. I've experienced by myself the annoying British trend of trying to get you drunk.
- Have another one!, they said
- But I still have not finished this drink! I replied a thousand times
- Nevermind, have another one! they insisted.
What an obsession they have!


Hoy tuvimos nuestra comida de Navidad de la oficina. Me dan ganas de salir a comprarme una camiseta e imprimir en ella : "Yo sobrevivi a la comida de Navidad del 2004". Despues de cuatro horas, se me habia congelado la cara con una permanente sonrisa que recordaba a los concursos de Miss Universo. Daba miedo. Por otro lado, fue de lo mas normalito. He vivido otra vez la irritante experiencia de que los britanicos traten de emborracharme.
-Tomate otro! me decian
- Pero si aun no me he acabado lo que estoy bebiendo - repetia yo por milesima vez
- Da igual, tomate otro! insistian ellos/as.
Pero que obsesion que tienen!


The weather today:
Cloudy
4°C
UV Index: 0 Low
Wind: calm
Dew Point: 3°C
Humidity: 87%
Visibility: 6 miles
Barometer: 1,025.4 mb

No comments: